ONAR carefully selects the finest materials to guarantee our manufacturing standards. Grain and color variations are a natural characteristic which make each item unique. To care for and extend the life of your product, please follow the instructions below:
- Prevent exposure to direct light, heat and humidity.
- Avoid contact with water, cosmetics and oil-based substances.
- Avoid storing in unbreathable bags such as plastic bags.
- Always store the ONAR garments in a hanger. Avoid folding in compact spaces.
- Store your shearling garments in cool storage when you are done wearing them for the season or not using them. The more time a shearling garment spends in cool storage the longer it will last.
- In case of stains or spots, do not attempt to clean a shearling, leave it to an Authorized Furcare Specialist. In case something is spilled on the sueded leather side, gently blot the excess with a damp cloth while being careful not to rub it in further or spread it into a larger area.
- Never put your shearling into a washer or dryer.
- Rain, sleet or snow will not harm your shearling, since shearling is a material that recovers itself.
- If your garment gets wet from rain or snow, the excess wetness can be shaken off. The garment should then be hung to dry.
- Toscana shearling might react to wetness by becoming curlier. If brushed after it has dried, it will reshape to its original shape.
- Avoid brushing merino, tigrado and UK shearling.
The care with which you use to look after your ONAR garment will preserve its quality and last for generations.